November 07, 2011

Hesitant Frog Catcher

My brat is one of those kids who hesitates or is afraid of touching creepy crawly squishy animals. Its only dogs and cats that he can lovingly pet - all the rest, he practically runs away from - unless they are a safe distance away! His friend Shloka is exactly the opposite and does not hesitate to touch or pet any living or dead animal - lizards, frogs, dogs, cats, birds - all are the same to her and she even tries her best to keep them as pets at home!! Often in the evening, the kids in our apartment complex, go frog hunting and Adi either just watches at a distance or very cleverly escapes home.

However, it was a different story today. All the kids were playing downstairs and I went down in the hope of taking some pictures of all of them playing together. And I got the biggest surprise of my life when I saw Adi standing with two tiny frogs in his hands!! Seems like Shloka had finally convinced him that they were harmless and it was fun to catch them. Took a few pictures as soon as I could thinking that Adi would soon run away, but no, he was all set to catch some more (as long as they were baby frogs - he was still afraid of the big ones). 

So here he is with two tiny frogs in his hands -



Getting set to get into the dry pool (in the architect's office opposite our building) to catch the frogs -


Frog hunting -


Caught one more!


1 comment:

Aparna said...

Lovely pics Poornima.. unfortunately at my place even if the kids get adventurous enough to catch frogs they would drop them at my screams I'm sure ;)...

Your new C&H header is even more hilarious !!!!